Sunday 5 February 2012

Textual development of contents;

When thinking of the 'Features' which I want to appear on my contents page I wanted to ensure I included page descriptions and titles which would engage the reader to want to read my magazine and to also ensure it followed conventions of a typical Hiphop magazine whilst also bringing my own ideas of page descriptions.

FIRST PAGE FEATURE; I am going to display the title of the page which features my double page spread (Tyra's interview) and want to call it TYRA; underneath I want to create a description which is short but gives enough information to grab the audiences attention.
SECOND PAGE FEATURE; I am going to create a title of the page which features the Hiphop duo which will support the image of them on my contents page and then also provide the reader with a description to ensure they are influenced to read their feature in my magazine. I have decided to call the duo 'CLONED' as this will reinforce their similar appearance and also compliment the sameness of their outfits.
THIRD PAGE FEATURE; I also want to follow conventions of features in typical Hiphop magazines by incorporating elements which aren't always to do with the music scene of the Hiphop genre. They include features of the Hiphop scene in general, this could be from fashion to cosmetics which are part of the Hiphop scene. To the right is an example of Vibe incorporating a fashion feature in their music magazine to provide the reader with more than just one element of the Hiphop genre. I want to include a fashion feature in my magazine which will be promoting 'High Top Trainers'. These type of trainers a strong aspect of the fashion scene of Hiphop and want to include an interesting promotion of an article on the topic of these trainers.
FOURTH PAGE FEATURE; From my previous research I found that the front covers of Hiphop magazines create an image of an artist alongside an object of some sort and I want to do this also. My initial ideas for this object is either headphones (which will connote the musicality of the magazine) or perfume which will connote the cosmetic side which I will include in my magazine. If I choose the perfume during the creation of the image for my front cover I will need to include a separate feature promoting another page which will back up the image of Tyra on the front cover with the perfume. This will add more features to come alongside my main artist Tyra and will provide the reader with extra on the artist. 
FIFTH PAGE FEATURE; I want to create a page reference which reinforces the musicality of my magazine by including upcoming tour dates for established Hiphop artists for my consumers to appreciate such as Nicki Minaj, Jay z, Kanye West, Drake, Lil Wayne, Ciara; I believe this will bring the musicality into my magazine after just stating the fashion and cosmetic feature. 


Here is my creation of the textual content of the page references;


Features


25 TYRA
In an exclusive interview, get the down-low on Tyra’s biggest inspirations and the truth behind the comparison to Nicki Minaj.
36 HIGH TOPS HITTING THE HIGH STREET
Sean Hunter asks why everything associated with Hiphop has to become mainstream.
46 CLONED
Established duo Cloned tell us their likes to their dislikes and why they’d love to collaborate with Kanye.
49 THE LAUNCH OF 'MIDNIGHT'
'Midnight' Tyra's new perfume has been launched, check out the latest perfumes from all your favorite artists.
51 UPCOMING TOUR DATES
Get all the latest tour dates upcoming to a city near you! Including…~Nicki Minaj, Jay Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Drake, Ciara~ 

I have created a yellow block background for 'Features' to upkeep the theme of the yellow block background which sits underneath the title design for my magazine. As I want to create a black background for my contents, the yellow will contrast and stand out hugely on top of it. I want to include a 'Georgia' font for my text as I admire the simplicity of it which will stick to the conventions of textual font of Hiphop magazine contents pages. I want the text of the features to appear in a white colour to contrast with the black background and yellow block background of the 'Features'. I have used a bold font for the page numbers and capital letter for the title of the pages to highlight and promote the page references strongly. I have included the page reference for Tyra's Perfume Promotion however if I do not use the perfume in the front cover image I will not use this page reference and will replace it with:


 49 REVIEWS ON RHIANNA'S RANCY RAVE
Get all the gossip on one of the biggest concerts of the year and find out what the lady herself thought on her performance.


I have included alliteration to promote this page reference for it to become a catchy and engaging read. I have also included a concert as the content of this page reference to reinforce the musicality of the magazine. I want the whole layout of the description and titles of the page references to appear rotated slightly to the left. 



Creation of other text I want to appear on my contents page;

                    Inside
NOVEMBER 2012

I am going to use a grey front which will compliment the grey font in 'Features' and will also contrast and stand out on top of the black background.  I want the 'Inside' to appear in italics to add sophistication and draw a difference from the capitals letters used for the date and year to the title of my contents, Inside. I want to position this text at the top of the page to the right to make room for the 'S' I want to include on the left side of the page. I have decided I want to include an 'S' to reinforce the name of my magazine rather than the full name of the title. I was inspired to do this from the creation of the 'V' used by VIBE magazine on their contents page. I have used Lucinda Bright font for both texts. Here is the creation of the 'S'.


S
I have created the 'S' in a yellow font to compliment the 'features', and to reinforce the yellow used in the actual title of my magazine. I want the 'S' to appear slanted to the left like the text of the page references to show a slanted theme of the text across the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment