Monday 16 January 2012

Article content and layout- initital ideas;

This example is the layout of a HipHop music magazine double page spread that influences me. I admire the use of images, and how the article fits in and around the image. I aim to create a full length image to stand as my main image and I aim to position it on right page more to the crease in the middle of the two pages to allow my image to draw a larger focus. I also want to use several other images of my artist at the top of both pages however unlike this example  I aim to create close up/half body length shots to appear to provide a variety of images to the reader. I aim to create a masthead of my artists name unlike this example, however like this example I aim to use a subheading which will appear as a brief insight in to the artist/article.  I believe I was most influenced by this magazine double page spread as it featured a female artist therefore there is a feminine feel across both pages; it has inspired me as I can relate to the use of image and layout as my double page spread is going to feature a female artist. 


Below is an example of an article featuring 'Bryan Baby Williams' a founder of Cash Money Records (a HipHop music company); 






This article starts off with an introduction in to the HipHop star and his current affairs and subsequent to this introduction follows an interview which XXL had with the star, with questions and answers. Out of all the articles I researched I was most influenced by the content and structure of this article; I admire the short introduction provided to the reader allowing them to get the latest on the artist and I admire the interview that follows this. The questions are open ended allowing the star to give a long response and I aim to use open ended questions to allow my artist to respond widely. Within the article a line reads: 'Where the fuck did everybody go? I aint never understood that.' The colloquial language put forward by this star allows me to recognize common terms that HipHop artists use such as 'fuck' and 'aint' and I am going to ensure I use such terms in my article to reinforce HipHop culture. 


Article ideas; 

Interview:

-10 open-ended questions, allowing a wide/long response
Types of questions-
Why have you chosen the HipHop music industry?
Who or what was your biggest inspiration and why? 
Plans for the future?
Who would you like to collaborate with most and why?
-I am to create these sorts of questions in a more chatty way like the article above, making the artist feel comfortable and allow it to be a relatable read for the target audience. 

Sub heading ideas; 
-Brief insight in to artist (3-4 lines)

Extras:
-Box at the bottom of the page which is incorporating other types of media.
-'Want to find out more-
-Facebook/Twitter
-Itunes 
-Apps for iPhones

No comments:

Post a Comment