Sunday 29 January 2012

Photos for double page spread;




Today I created the four images of my double page spread. I have created the first image to appear as the largest main image on the double page spread and the other three images are to appear at the top of the double page spread, in a size smaller than the first main image. All four images have been developed on to my blogger how they were shot on my camera, I increased the brightness level on the shooting mode setting on my camera however have not performed any further editing. 

First image: I have created a full body-length shot for the main image. I have done this as I believe it is important to provide the reader with the full body image of the artist to either inspire the reader due to the presence of the fashion or to generally interest the reader with clothing and positioning. I have chosen to use contrasting colours when putting an outfit together for my artist. Even though the black and white colours in the leggings compliments the black strip down the front of the bandeau top, I believe the yellow polka dot of the bandeau top contrasts with the symbolic pattern on the black and white leggings. I have chosen to place my artist in this particular bandeau as it connotes sexual references due to the shortness of it revealing her stomach and because it is also an item which is currently fashionable and this will relate to her status in the industry: 'upcoming and new'. I have chosen black and white symbolic patterned leggings for the to wear on her bottom half as they are also very fashionable currently and are also a huge contrast to the bandeau ensuring her look is 'different' 'quirky' but also currently fashionable. The choice of clothing enabled me to ensure she holds a simple position and pose through her body language. I felt that a busy position and pose with her body would make the image look to busy, and take away the 'busy effect' from her clothing; I chose to have the artist at a complete stand still. However, to make up the simple body language, I chose a fierce facial expression for her to hold and also ensured she held direct mode of address with the readers to visually engage and attract them.

Second, third and fourth image: I have placed my artist in the same outfit as the first main image on all three images as I want to hold this same theme throughout my double page spread. I have rotated the second image once clock wise; I have done this to show a different layout and positioning of my images and to also compliment the third image as I have rotated it once anti-clockwise. In between the second and third image, will sit the fourth image; I have done this to create a reflecting look but with a twist- as each image holds a different facial pose. I have chosen a pout facial expression for the second image; I believe it is a 'quirky' look and also connotes sexual references as the lips are emphasised through the 'pout'. I have created an 'innocent' look for the third image through the camera angle I used. I took the image from a high angle to emphasise the size of her eyes to create an innocent look. I have also placed her hand on her cheek to show off her contrasting blue nail varnish and to also add sophistication and maybe even a touch of seductively to the image. I have not rotated the fourth image as I want this image to appear in the middle of the second and third image. In this image I have created a 'cheeky' look for my artist through the wink and the presence of her tongue. All three images are different in their facial expressions to connote three different aspects of my artist's personality; cheeky, innocent and seductive.

No comments:

Post a Comment