Friday 20 January 2012

Textual development;

So, Tyra, did you ever think you would ever be where you are today, in the music industry?
Not at all. I mean, I've always known that I wanted to be a singer/rapper since I could talk, but this is something else, I'm loving every minute of it! Right now, the skies the limit boy!
The Hiphop genre is a continiously growing genre consisting of many many artists, however, what is it about you that is different from the artists which contributes originality to the industry?
Image wise, my natrually huge curly blonde hair seperates my image from a lot of artists, however music wise, I think, being a female artist, its the rap approach I take to my music, I love a good rap in all my songs! I think its a statement thing as well; that girls can do is just as well as boys..
To of got where you are today, you must of been influenced by individuals belonging to the music industry.. Who have been your biggest inspirations that you have shadowed up until now?
Well, I was brought up with mo-town music, my parents were devoted to it, so I guess Diana Ross was one of my biggest inspirations. But as I got older, from about 10-15 years of age, groups like Destiny's child and TLC were my inspiraions. But my current, biggest inspiration that influenced me in to taking the Hiphop route into the music industry since the age of 17, has to be Nicki Minaj. She's just amazing.
You've been refered as the 'English Nicki Minaj' many times since the start of your career. Has this had an affect on how your fans or even how you percieve yourself?
I just think its a huge compliment to be compared to Nicki, she's an inspiration to many young people, she's just such an individual who brings her unique style of image and music to the industry and its hard not to get influenced by her. I love her approach to music and I do think we are similar in our styles of music but at the Grammy awards not so long ago, we had a little joke, she winked at me and called me an English Nicki, then hugged me and said 'at least someone can appreciate my individuality.' I just said 'what the hell are you on! Everyone loves you!' But I suppose thats all part and parcel of being involved in an industry which is exposed world wide to millions of people, you're never going to fully escape from your insecurities and you're never going to fully escape from your haters, but I say f**k the haters!
Now your a global Hiphop artist are you more aware of your insecurities than you were before you were in the limelight?
I think every one has their own little insecurities that get them down now and again. I used to be really insecure as a teenager, but then isn't everyone? Now, it's different, I've grown with confidence. My fans have given me a great sort of confidence so when I feel concious or insecure, I just think of their support and feel tones better!
What would you say one of your insecurities are?
Oh um.. It has to be my knees! I've never liked knees in general, but my knees are just ew! Haha!
We have only seen you collaborate with Kanye West and Jay Z so far.. What did you enjoy most about recording and performing with them?
Oh wow, these guys are so great! Considering my song with Kayne West and Jay Z was only my third song that was ever recorded, I honored the opportunity. They are huge inspirations as well, everything they do is just effortless and they just have this 'swag' about them which is just brilliant for the Hiphop industry. I think I enjoyed being able to sing more than I ever have whilst peforming and recording with them. Most of my songs have a larger rap approach than a singing approach so when collaborating with these guys, gave me a chance to actually sing more than I did rap. I'd love to do something with them again in the future, I loved every minute with them, you aint ever gonna' get any better than those guys!
If you could collaborate with another artist in the future, who would it be and why?
Ah, thats a tricky one! There's so many artists I'd love to team up with! But I have to say, I'd love to do something with Nicki Minaj, I have so so so many ideas for it. We've spoken about it in the past, but we've both just been so busy with the creation of our current album, so I think it will be something we will plan to do in the future.
Your first album was released earlier this year and was a smash! What have we got to expect for your second album?
I know its come around so fast, its just work work work. But I love it. I couldn't see myself being as happy as I am rushed off my feet all the time in any other job, its just great! I'm just in current progress half way through the second album which probably won't get released till next year. I'm completely solo on all my songs for this album, but I think some of the songs may come as a bit of a surprise to my fans.. and thats all I'm going to say!
It's been an absoloute pleasure, Tyra. One last question before you go.. What are your plans for the future?
Well, after the creation of my second album, and the tour that I have coming up early next year and the booked concerts, I think I am going to have a 4 week holiday in my hometown, Barbados! I think by the time my second album is released, the tour and concerts are over, I am going to be absolutely nackered, so I think it will be really good to just take a month off, and have some me time. But after, I'll be straight back doing what Tyra does best!


Subheading;
'The new face of Hiphop has entered the scene of music with a bang! With the success of her first album shadowing her every move, Tyra is beginning to make a dominant stand in the industry. Tyra tells her tale...'
- I have chosen to create a subheading which displays the genre of my artist as I believe it is the most important aspect to an artist to then ensure it appeals to consumers. I have always chosen to use alliteration: 'Tyra tells her tale' to allow the subheading to appear catchy. I have changed my initital aim of using a quote as well as breif insight as I think it will be more interesting to position a quote of the article around the text of the article and I also didn't want my subheading to appear too long.

Quote displayed amongst article text;
"...you're never going to fully escape from the haters but I say f**k the haters!"
- I have chosen to use this quote from the article as I believe it is the most interesting lines of the interview. It expresses Tyra's true feelings and will therefore engage the reader. It also incorperates a swear word which reinforces the Hiphop genre.





Masthead, subheading and quote;
T Y R A
The new face of Hiphop has entered the scene of music with a bang! With the success of
her first album shadowing her every move, Tyra, 22, is beginning to make a dominant stand in the industry. Tyra tells her tale...




...You’re never going to fully escape
 from the haters but I say f**k the haters!"


At the bottom right of the second page; EXTRA-


       Want to find out more..

          


       -Follow Tyra on Twitter,          TYRA.TWIT.       







          -Or visit her Facebook page www.facebook.com/Tyra  











Or get Tyra’s  FREE new personal app for iPhones +iPad                                           





-Mix all her new tunes into one gigantic smash hit! 
-Use all her styles of transitions in to and out of each song you mix!







Summary;
**I have incorperated taboo language such as: 'F**k' in the responses of my artist as I believe it connotes aspects of the Hiphop culture by reinforcing the conventional 'slang talk' which Hiphop artists follow. I have also used colloquial language such as: 'aint' as through my research I also discovered that thing sort of language was typical amonsgt Hiphop artists. I have chosen to create the questions in a red font as I want my double page spread to follow a clear colour scheme through both pages; the red font of the questions compliment the red 'T' in the masthead and the grey font of the responses support the grey font of the subheading.
 I have used red and black colours to connote aspects such as power and mystery which is typically associated with Hiphop culture. I am going to place the subheading directly underneath the masthead in a horizontal position. This wasn't my original plan as I wanted to place the subheading in a more interesting way, vertically, however my aims for positioning of images and articles will prevent me from doing this and I believe they are of more importance than displaying the subheading in a different way. I believe it looks neat and gets straight to the point with positioning my subheading like so. I have chosen to create the font for my subheading in italics to bring a sense of style to my double page spread.
I have created the 'T' of my subheading in a bold and larger font in comparison to the rest of the text; through my research I discovered that this was a typical feature included in most music magazines and have chosen to incorporate it in mine to follow conventions of a typical magazine. I also chose to use this feature as it links with the 'T' in the masthead 'TYRA' so suggests an importance of the artist. 
I have used the same colour scheme for the quote, which I want to appear on the second page of the double page spread, amongst/within the text of the article; I used all the colours from the double page spread in this quote as  I am aiming to provide readers with a visually interesting look. I am not going against my original plan to use stereoptypically female colours in this article as I dont think any of the colours typically associated with females will compliment the standing colour scheme. I do not think this will affect my double page spread as my artist has been created for a female audience; even though my whole magazine is aimed at both genders I believe readers of this particular article will be female and will be influenced most by her image and the context rather than the colour scheme of the text.

I have incorperated other types of social media such as Twitter and Facebook as extra's for Tyra's fans to make use of. Through my research of music magazines, I discovered that magazine producers are understanding the technological market and are using it to their advantage to advertise either aspects of their magazine e.g their artists, or their magazine in general. Here I am going to promote the artist to benefit consumers. I have also done this through the personalised App my artist has created, this is further promotion for consumers to make use of. I have used contrasting colours for the app, yellow and blue, to allow it to stand out. I have also created a reflecting effect on the image of the speaker. I have used as a speaker as it connotes music and links to the music aspect of the app and also suggests loud and music with bass which is also linked to the Hiphop genre.  I have chosen to make the app free for consumers, as Tyra is an upcoming new artist therefore realistically this app would be for free, to interest to consumers, where-as if she was an established artist there would be a larger demand for products associated with her allowing promotional aspects such as apps to be of a price. **

No comments:

Post a Comment